To: All Sunset ID CARE PA Patients
From: Ogechika Alozie MD MPH AAHIVM – Medical Director
Subject: COVID-19 Planning
Date: March 16, 2020
Here at Sunset ID CARE we are working with our partners Southwest Viral Med and Project Champs to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and community. We are working diligently on our preparations for managing the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19). Ultimately, our goal is to ensure a safe environment for our colleagues, and clinical team, which in turn provides a safe environment for our patients and visitors.
To make sure you are safe, we are making changes to how visitors enter our facility and how employees will be screened. As a physician at our clinic, I want to make you aware of the changes and potential implications to your team.
If patients have fevers, cough or shortness of breath, they should call the clinic or send a message by the patient portal. They should NOT come to clinic first. The team will work to set up virtual or online visits as needed for patients who are sick, or recommend they go to the emergency room for care.
We will be limiting access to the clinical space for patients and their visitors.
- All patients and visitors will be temperature screened prior to being taken back for their appointments.
- When patients and visitors come to clinic they will be asked:
- Do you have a fever?
- Have you been coughing?
- Do you feel short of breath?
If the patient answers “yes” to any of the questions, they will be supplied a mask before triage. Any visitors with the patient will be supplied a mask, as well. Visitors entering the building without a patient will also be asked the 3-question survey. If the visitor answers “yes” to any of the questions, they will be supplied a mask, and their entrance into the clinic will depend on the nature of their visit.
- If patients or staff have travelled within the last 14 days, they will be expected to either self-monitor and avoid clinic with any signs of illness, or submit to a COVID 19 test, if possible.
- Our employees are expected to monitor their health on a daily basis, and we shall self-quarantine at home with any flu related symptoms – fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- If an employee calls in and reports symptoms of contagious illness, the supervisor should ask the employee to remain at home.
SUMMARY OF CLINIC GUIDANCE
- If you are sick DO NOT COME TO CLINIC. Call or send a message through the patient portal first.
- When you attend clinic appointments, only 1 visitor, over the age of 18, per patient can attend a clinical visit.
- Each visitor must be screened using the thermal thermometer prior to entry. 99.6 is considered a fever.
- If a visitor screens positive, their clinical visit will be rescheduled, and they will be asked to go home.
- If need be, we will work with patient to assist them in finding the best place to undergo COVID 19 testing.
Thank you for your understanding
Ogechika Alozie – Medical Director
Sunset ID CARE